We’ve created a recipe for a healthy homemade energy bar using organic black rice that is easy to make, nutritious, and inexpensive! Another good thing about this recipe is the organic black rice, a popular rice variant in Mindanao.
That’s why we created this recipe for an energy bar using organic black rice that is easy to make, nutritious, and inexpensive! It’s also great because it uses local ingredients from Mindanao. We want to support our farmers in the Philippines so they can continue growing their crops. Let’s keep supporting them by buying locally grown food like organic black rice!
Benefits of Healthy Homemade Organic Energy Bar
There are many cereal dishes available but these homemade healthy energy bars taste great and will keep you going throughout the day. They’re packed with protein from nuts and seeds as well as fiber from the organic black rice so they’ll help fill you up too!
There’s nothing like biting into something delicious and knowing exactly what ingredients went into creating it. This healthy homemade energy bar has just enough sweetness from honey without being overly sweet so you won’t feel guilty eating more than one (or two…or three).
We love making these bars because it gives us an opportunity to experiment with different flavors and textures that we wouldn’t normally have in our diet. And since they’re so simple, there’s no reason not to give them a shot!
Homemade Organic Black Rice Energy Bar Recipe
Black Rice Energy Bars
- 200 g cooked black rice
- 27 g rolled oats
- 45 g roasted mixed nuts chopped
- 64 g dried cranberries chopped-(optional)
- 40 g raisins
- 35 g toasted black and white sesame seeds
- 40 g Apple Cinnamon Emulco Flavor
- 85 g honey
- 40 g molasses optional
- Cook black rice as you normally would with regular rice.200 g cooked black rice
- 2.Place cooked black rice on a baking sheet, spread it evenly and bake for 2 hours over 150’c until dry and crispy.
- Once done, prepare Crisp Fry frying fat over medium high heat and start frying the rice.
- Rice will float on top once cooked. Let it drain using paper towels and cool completely.
- On a separate bowl, combine fried black rice, rolled oats, and salt. Mix until well blended.27 g rolled oats
- Add almonds, cranberries, raisins, Apple Cinnamon Emulco, honey and molasses.45 g roasted mixed nuts, 64 g dried cranberries, 40 g raisins, 40 g Apple Cinnamon Emulco Flavor, 85 g honey, 40 g molasses
- Use your hands to mix everything together thoroughly.
- Press down mixture into an 8×8 baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with roasted black and white sesame seeds on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 160’c.35 g toasted black and white sesame seeds
- Cool on a wire rack completely before slicing and serving.
Other Recipes From Our A Tasteful Encounter: Kadayawan Festival Series
FAQ About Energy Bars
Energy bars have made a lot of sense for those looking to get their protein and fiber in a healthy snack, but if they contain chocolate coatings or sugary syrup then you might be better off with some other snacks.
Honey is a great way to sweeten your homemade energy bars, but it also provides other benefits. Not only will the honey help hold all of those pieces together and provide tasty taste without any added chemicals – its natural sweetness means that you won’t need any artificial sugars in there either!
To keep your energy levels up, choose bars made with nuts and oats. Mix in dried fruits, organic grains, whey protein isolate and honey for more balanced nutrition!
Check Out Other Delicious Dessert and Snack Recipes
Want more mouth-watering dessert recipes? Check out these recipes: Apple Pie Recipe, Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe, Banana Muffin Easy Recipe, Ube Cheese Pandesal Recipe, and Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread. While you’re at it, try this Dream Cake Recipe as well.
We also have a Free Ebook with 300 Recipes for chicken.
Over the years, HICAPS has helped bakers and businesses make delicious products by offering ingredients like ChiffonAide Cake Oil, Magic Whizk Instant Whipping Cream, Red Velvet Emulco Flavor and Color, Ube Yam Emulco Flavor and Color, and HICAPS Buttercream Prime Butter Blend.
HICAPS also provides tools and resources to valued partners such as the FREE Marketing Strategy For Bakery Business E-book, Filipino Food Photography: The Ultimate Guide, and free dealer locator that helps look for baking supplies stores near me.
Want to be one of our valued partners? Fill this form out. Looking forward to talking to you soon!