Mangosteens are delicious and healthy, so why not try them in your next pie? This mangosteen pie recipe is the perfect way to incorporate this exotic fruit into your diet. You’ll be fighting off free radicals while enjoying dessert at the same time!
Mangosteens are widely known for their antioxidant content, which can help reduce inflammation in your body. It’s an exotic and tropical fruit grown and popular in Davao and the rest of Mindanao. You’ll be fighting off harmful free radicals while enjoying dessert at the same time! If that doesn’t convince you to make this recipe then maybe its taste will.
It’s sweet with just a hint of sourness from the mangosteen to keep things interesting. The crust adds a nice buttery flavor that compliments everything else perfectly. Plus it’s easy to make too! Anyone can do it – even if they’re not an experienced baker. So what are you waiting for? Get baking today and let us know how it goes!
Mangosteen Pie Recipe
- 200 g Mangosteen pulp + 10g rind for color
- 100 g White Sugar
- 50 g water
- 15 g lime juice
- 4 g Gelatin Powder
- 1 pack of store-bought puff pastry
- Egg White
- Combine Mangosteen pulp and rind with sugar and add 50 grams of water. Stir while heating until mangosteen is soft.200 g Mangosteen pulp + 10g rind for color, 50 g water, 100 g White Sugar
- Dissolve gelatin powder with 1 tbsp of hot water. Set aside to bloom.4 g Gelatin Powder
- Add lime juice.15 g lime juice
- Once the mixture is boiling, add dissolved gelatin powder.
- Let it cook thoroughly and wait until it thickens.
- Let the mangosteen filing cool completely.
- To assemble the pies—thaw the frozen puff pastry, cut into desired size.1 pack of store-bought puff pastry
- Fill the sheets with right amount of filling, fold and seal the edges using fork.
- Brush top with egg wash and bake the pies for 30 mins at 170’c or until golden brown.Egg White
- Serve and enjoy.
Other Recipes From Our A Tasteful Encounter: Kadayawan Series
Check Out Other Delicious Dessert and Snack Recipes
Want more mouth-watering dessert recipes? Check out these recipes: Apple Pie Recipe, Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe, Banana Muffin Easy Recipe, Ube Cheese Pandesal Recipe, and Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread. While you’re at it, try this Dream Cake Recipe as well.
We also have a Free Ebook with 300 Recipes for chicken.
Over the years, HICAPS has helped bakers and businesses make delicious products by offering ingredients like ChiffonAide Cake Oil, Magic Whizk Instant Whipping Cream, Red Velvet Emulco Flavor and Color, Ube Yam Emulco Flavor and Color, and HICAPS Buttercream Prime Butter Blend.
HICAPS also provides tools and resources to valued partners such as the FREE Marketing Strategy For Bakery Business E-book, Filipino Food Photography: The Ultimate Guide, and free dealer locator that helps look for baking supplies stores near me.
Want to be one of our valued partners? Fill this form out. Looking forward to talking to you soon!