You’re probably thinking, “Durian in a cake? That sounds disgusting.” But we promise you that this durian butter cake recipe is worth trying!
This buttery and soft cake is made with copious amounts of durian mixed in. The result will not disappoint. It has a strong flavor and smell but it’s delicious! If you don’t like the taste or smell of durian, then maybe skip this one.
We know what you’re thinking – “I’m going to make myself sick eating all that durian!” But trust us when we say it’s worth trying out because the end result tastes amazing! So go ahead and try making your own version at home today!
Let’s get started on your very own homemade version of this buttery, soft and fluffy cake today!
Durian Butter Cake Recipe
Durian Butter Cake
- 180 g Hicaps Buttercream Gold
- 140 g White Sugar
- 4 pcs Whole Egg
- 120 g Cake Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 160 g Durian flesh blended
- Cream softened Hicaps Buttercream Gold and sugar until butter mixture is pale yellow, light, and fluffy.180 g Hicaps Buttercream Gold, 140 g White Sugar
- Add eggs one at a time.4 pcs Whole Egg
- Mix until well blended, then add the durian fruit.160 g Durian flesh
- Scoop the flesh of the durian fruit, remove the seeds, and mash until creamy texture.
- While mixing, combine the dry ingredients, cake flour and baking powder.120 g Cake Flour, ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Gradually add the dry ingredients mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a baking tin lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 170’c.
- While waiting for the cake, prepare the frosting by whipping liquid cream at high speed until desired consistency.
- After baking, let the cake rest and cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Apply frosting and sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.
- Slice and serve.
Other Recipes From Our A Tasteful Encounter: Kadayawan Series
Check Out Other Delicious Dessert and Snack Recipes
Want more mouth-watering dessert recipes? Check out these recipes: Apple Pie Recipe, Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe, Banana Muffin Easy Recipe, Ube Cheese Pandesal Recipe, and Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread. While you’re at it, try this Dream Cake Recipe as well.
We also have a Free Ebook with 300 Recipes for chicken.
Over the years, HICAPS has helped bakers and businesses make delicious products by offering ingredients like ChiffonAide Cake Oil, Magic Whizk Instant Whipping Cream, Red Velvet Emulco Flavor and Color, Ube Yam Emulco Flavor and Color, and HICAPS Buttercream Prime Butter Blend.
HICAPS also provides tools and resources to valued partners such as the FREE Marketing Strategy For Bakery Business E-book, Filipino Food Photography: The Ultimate Guide, and free dealer locator that helps look for baking supplies stores near me.
Want to be one of our valued partners? Fill this form out. Looking forward to talking to you soon!