If you’re looking for an interesting and unique Filipino dish to add to your repertoire, then you should try out the Hardinera Recipe of Lucban Quezon. This dish is made with pork, hotdog, vegetables, and hard-boiled eggs, and it’s a favorite among locals in the Lucban area. It’s a bit more complicated to make than some other Filipino dishes, but the result is well worth it! In this recipe, we will walk you through the steps of making this delicious dish.
If you’re attending the Pahiyas festival in Lucban, then you need to try hardinera. It’s a dish that is traditionally served during this festival, and it’s sure to please your taste buds!
Authentic Hardinera Recipe from Lucban
We have an authentic recipe from Lucban Quezon that will help you cook up a delicious batch of Hardinera all year round! With just a little bit of effort on your part, you can serve your family and friends an unforgettable meal that they’ll be talking about for days to come. What’s more? Our recipes are so detailed that even inexperienced cooks will have no problem following along!
- 2 tbsp HICAPS Buttercream Ref Margarine
- 1 pc Onions diced
- 500 g Pork Giniling
- 100 g Hotdogs diced
- 1 Bell Pepper diced
- 2 tbsp pickle relish
- 1 pouch tomato paste
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp White Sugar
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Chef’s Gourmet Premium Cheese grated
- 4 pcs Whole Egg beaten
- 4 pineapple slices halved
- 2 pcs Hard Boiled Egg peeled and cut into slices
- carrot florets
- Red Bell Pepper strips
- Sauté onion HICAPS BUTTERCREAM until translucent. Add pork giniling and diced hotdogs. Add bell pepper, tomato paste, and a little bit of water and let it boil.2 tbsp HICAPS Buttercream Ref Margarine, 1 pc Onions, 500 g Pork Giniling, 100 g Hotdogs, 1 Bell Pepper, 1 pouch tomato paste
- Add the remaining ingredients and let it simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed.2 tbsp pickle relish, 2 tbsp raisins, 1 tsp White Sugar, 1 cup pineapple tidbits, 1 cup Chef’s Gourmet Premium Cheese
- Make sure to season it with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and let it cool completely.salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare Llanera, brush the bottom and sides with softened Hicaps Buttercream. Line Llanera with banana leaf, enough to cover the bottom.
- Arrange boiled egg slices, pineapple slices, belle pepper strips and carrots florets on top of banana leaves.4 pineapple slices, 2 pcs Hard Boiled Egg, Red Bell Pepper, carrot
- Add half of the beaten eggs, then spoon mixture into the molds. Pack the mixture well and smooth top. Pour the remaining half of the beaten egg mixture.4 pcs Whole Egg
- Cover each mold pan with foil. Steam for about 30-40 mins or until the meat mixture is set.
- Let it stand for 10 mins and then invert on your serving platter.
Time To Try
When you’re ready to serve, simply remove the hardinera from the fridge and enjoy! We hope you enjoy this delicious and unique Filipino dish! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thanks for reading!
Check Out Other Delicious Dessert and Snack Recipes
Want more mouth-watering recipes for the Holidays? Try these delicious recipes: Easy Fruit Cake Recipe, Puto Bumbong Recipe, Recipe For Fruity Mochi, and kalabasa soup recipe. While you’re at it, try this Dream Cake Recipe as well.
We also have a Free Ebook with 300 Recipes for chicken.
Other Articles and Pinoy Favorite Recipes
- Pork Menudo Recipe That Your Family Will Love
- Champorado Recipe: Perfect For The Rainy Season
- Chopsuey Recipe: Definitely Healthy and Delicious
- Baked Tahong With Cheese and Garlic Recipe
- Sinigang na Baboy Recipe
Over the years, HICAPS has helped bakers and businesses make delicious products by offering ingredients like ChiffonAide Cake Oil, Magic Whizk Instant Whipping Cream, Red Velvet Emulco Flavor and Color, Ube Yam Emulco Flavor and Color, and HICAPS Buttercream Prime Butter Blend.
HICAPS also provides tools and resources to valued partners such as the FREE Marketing Strategy For Bakery Business E-book, Filipino Food Photography: The Ultimate Guide, and free dealer locator that helps look for baking supplies stores near me.
Want to be one of our valued partners? Fill this form out. Looking forward to talking to you soon!