If you want a soft, fluffy cake topped with creamy frosting, look no more. This yema cake recipe inspired by the famous and original Rodillas yema cake will delight your taste buds.
Best Homemade Yema Cake Recipe
While the Rodillas started the yema cake trend more than a decade ago, yema, it’s creamy frosting, has a Spanish origin.
Yema means egg yolk in Spanish. During the Spanish colonial period, egg whites were used to hold stone walls together. Not letting egg yolks go to waste, Filipinos used them to make yema.
Back then, people made yema by simply heating and stirring egg yolks and sugar. People later added condensed milk to the mix.
This yema cake recipe is one of the best recipes you can find. With extra ingredients to make your yema cake and frosting special, you won’t regret trying this out. After all, yema cake is one of the best Filipino desserts.
Best Yema Cake
- Double Boiler
- Sift all dry ingredients and mix235 g Cake Flour, 1.25 g Baking Powder, 300 g White Sugar
- Add liquid ingredients7 pcs Egg Yolk, 125 mL ChiffonAide Cake Oil, 188 mL Water, 10 g Emulco Vanilla Flavor
- Mix well until no lumps
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and sugar until stiff peak7 pcs Egg White, 2 g Cream of Tartar, 5 g White Sugar
- Fold in egg yolks to egg whites until no white streaks remain
- Bake at 325 F for 55 mins. using 10" pan. The top should be golden brown
- Let it cool upside down.
- Combine all ingredients except egg yolks500 g Bluebell Condensed Milk, 30 g HICAPS Buttercream Ref Margarine, 5 g White Sugar, 5 g Emulco Vanilla Flavor, 2 pcs Calamansi
- Use strainer for finer yolks and to remove excess egg whites50 g Egg Yolk
- Mix until well combined
- Cook mixture using double boiler to prevent air bubbles
- Set to low heat to medium heat. Cook until thick
- Cooldown before applying to cake
- Garnish with grated Chef's Gourmet Cheese60 g Grated Chefs Gourmet Cheese
Read Our Articles/Recipes About
- The Best Tips and Tricks on How To Make Chiffon Cake
- Chiffon Aide Cake Oil: A Step Forward from Your Vegetable Oil
- Chiffon Cake Recipe
Popular Tools and Resources
- mL to Grams Conversion Chart in Baking
- Tablespoon to Cup Conversion Chart
- Free Recipe Cost Calculator For Baking
Check Out Other Delicious Recipes
Want more mouth-watering recipes? Try this delicious Puto Recipe (With Cheese).
Recipe Cost Calculator
Try now our Free Online Recipe Cost Calculator. This easy-to-use tool will show you the exact cost of every ingredient in any recipe.
That way, when it comes time to sell or price your baked goods at the bakery, you’ll be able to set prices knowing exactly how much each item costs!
We also added a cost calculator for the packaging materials that you will use.
Over the years, HICAPS has helped bakers and businesses make delicious products by offering premium cake ingredients like ChiffonAide Cake Oil, Magic Whizk Whipping Cream, Red Velvet Flavor Emulco, and Instabake Brownie Mix.
HICAPS also provides tools and resources to valued partners such as the free “How to Increase Your Sales Amidst the Pandemic” E-book and free dealer locator that helps look for baking ingredients near me.
Want to be one of our valued partners? Fill this form out. Looking forward to talking to you soon!