Do you want to calculate accurately how much your baked goods cost? With this free recipe cost calculator for baking, you can find out exactly what your ingredients are costing you so that you can price your products competitively while still making a profit.
This easy-to-use food costing tool will show you the exact cost of every ingredient in any recipe. That way, when it comes time to sell or price your baked goods at the bakery, you’ll be able to set prices knowing exactly how much each item costs! We also added costing for the packaging materials that you will use.
Free Recipe Cost Calculator For Baking
- Number of Servings per batch is the quantity of individual baked products that will be produced
- Qty of Servings Per Pack is the number of baked products per pack of your products being sold. Example, one box of cupcakes will have 6 individual cupcakes inside.
- Cost of 1 Pack of Ingredient is the price of the ingredient. The weight or volume of per pack is the specified wt or vol in the packaging. Example a 225 grams of Buttercream Gold is about PhP 145.00
- For packaging materials, qty used per pack of baked products sold is the number of the material used per serving. Example, our box of 6 cupcakes will use 6 cupcake liners and 1 packaging box.
- Cost of 1 pack of packaging materials is the whole unit cost of the packaging. Example, a pack of 100pcs of cupcake liner 3oz is around PhP 30.00. Use 100 for the Pcs per pack and 30.00 for the cost of 1 pack of packaging material.
- You can also use our tablespoon to cup conversion chart or our mL to Grams conversion chart for your reference and convenience.
Price Estimate of Basic Baking Ingredients
- Cake Flour, PhP 55.00 Retail Price per kilo, Estimate only.
- Refined White Sugar, PhP 60.00 Retail Price per kilo, Estimate only.
- Granulated Salt, PhP 25.00 Retail Price per kilo, Estimate only.
- Large Whole Egg, PhP 7.00 Price per piece, Estimate only.
- Buttercream Gold Pure Butter, PhP 145.00 Price per bar of 225g
- HICOA Premium Cocoa Powder, PhP 195.00 Price per pack of 500g
- Cupcake Liner 3 Oz., PhP 30.00 Price per pack of 100 pcs, Estimate only.
- Cupcake Box with window 6x6x3, PhP 180.00 10pcs with holder per pack, Estimate only.
Calculating the cost of baked goods can be a tricky business. The first thing you need to do is figure out the recipe and then calculate the cost of all the ingredients. But even that isn’t enough, because you also need to factor in things like overhead (the cost of running your bakery) and labor.
Baked goods in the Philippines are typically priced according to their size. The larger the baked good, the higher the price. This is because larger baked goods take longer to cook and require more ingredients, both of which drive up the cost.
Another factor that affects price is how popular a particular type of baked good is. Baked goods that are in high demand will be priced higher than those that are not.
Costing a recipe is all about figuring out the price per serving. You’ll need to know the cost of each ingredient and then divide that by the number of servings the recipe makes. This will give you the cost per serving. Once you have that number, you can decide if the recipe is worth making based on your budget.
If you’re not sure how to calculate the cost of an ingredient, there are plenty of online calculators that can help. Happy baking!
Checkout Popular Recipes by HICAPS
- Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake Recipe
- Ube Cheese Pandesal Recipe
- Egg Pie Recipe
- Apple Pie Recipe With Crust
- Durian Butter Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Dream Cake Recipe
- Recipes for Chicken Breast and more
Other Related Articles by HICAPS
- 12 Small Business Ideas Philippines
- 5 Ways to Add Value to Product For A Successful Bakery Business
- Packaging Materials for your Bakery Products
- Cake Box Ultimate Guide
- How to Store Bakery Products
- How Do We Present and Decorate Bakery Products
- Small Bakery Shop Interior Design Ideas
HICAPS Mktg. Corp. is a Filipino company that provides business advice to small businesses and startups. In addition, we have articles on everything from baking recipes to marketing tips, so there’s something for everyone.
HICAPS is also committed to helping home bakers and businesses make delicious products by offering premium cake supplies and bakery ingredients like ChiffonAide Cake Oil, Magic Whizk Whipping Cream, and Emulco Flavors!
Did this blog post help you? Please share it with your friends and colleagues!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Mervin Manalo is a Chemical Engineer who graduated from De La Salle University in Manila, Philippines. He has over 20 years of experience in the food industry and currently serves as President and CEO of HICAPS Mktg. Corp., a provider of prime baking ingredients.
He also attended a mini MBA program at Guthrie-Jensen, which helped him broaden his business knowledge and skills. Under his helm, HICAPS expanded its business and helped more clients grow thru the years. He loves technology and new trends and is always looking for ways to improve his products and services.