Have a rich, creamy, heavenly dessert bite by following this easy egg pie Filipino recipe.
Egg pie is one of the most beloved desserts in the Philippines. With its nice, buttery crust and creamy custard filling, you don’t have to wonder why. There’s just something heavenly with how a rich, creamy filling blends so well with a flaky crust.
Are you craving egg pie already? Don’t worry, because we’re here to help.
This simple egg pie recipe lets you make a mouth-watering egg pie in a little over an hour. It can serve up to 24 people, so it is an amazing dessert for gatherings.
We have to warn you that each person might help themselves to more than one serving though. Given that, you might have to make more. This recipe can be scaled, so you can make as many egg pies as you need.
Easy Egg Pie Filipino Recipe
Egg Pie Recipe
- 1000 g Cake Flour
- 450 g HICAPS Buttercream Ref Margarine
- 75 g White Sugar
- 15 g Salt
- 300 g Water
- 9 pcs Whole Egg
- 4 cups Boiling Water
- 450 g White Sugar
- 450 g Buttermilk Powder
- 1 tbsp Emulco Vanilla Flavor
- Pre-heat Oven to 400 degress Fahrenheit and prepare boiling water
- Prepare the crust by mixing all the crust ingredients.
- Mix until well blended but do not develop the dough.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces. Flatten each dough into sheets.
- Place into well greased round egg pie pan.
- Decorate sides as desired and set aside.
- Mix whole eggs for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water and mix at low speed then add sugar while mixing.
- Add Buttermilk Powder and 2 cups water to mixture.
- Continue mixing for 3 minutes or until sugar and milk powder are well dissolved.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust using a strainer.
- Bake pies for 30 to 45 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
Other Popular Recipes by HICAPS
- Yema Cake Recipe
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake Recipe
- Ube Cheese Pandesal Recipe
- Egg Pie Recipe
- Durian Butter Cake Recipe
- Korean Corn Dog Recipe: Easy and Yummy
Check Out Other Delicious Recipes
Over the years, HICAPS has helped bakers and businesses make delicious products by offering ingredients like chiffon oil, Magic Whizk Whipping Cream, Red Velvet Emulco, and Royal Victoria Cream Cheese.
HICAPS also provides tools and resources to valued partners such as the free “How to Increase Your Sales Amidst the Pandemic” E-book and free dealer locator that helps look for baking ingredients near me.
Want to be one of our valued partners? Fill this form out. Looking forward to talking to you soon!